Ac Milan Transfers Roundup 2012: Thursday
Starting from today, I will try to capture the current transfer movement in this silly season, which already started despite the fact that the market won't be officially opened until July 1.
However, some new signings already arrived for the Rossoneri and rumors keeps on coming to provide plenty early excitement along with unnecessary disappointment from Milanisti.
In order to maintain a little bit order for the fans, I'll give some explanation from various sources regarding Milan's upcoming mercato, so the fans could be calmer in this current silly season. Rumors are not meant to be taken as a final act, especially in football since dramatic turns can always happen until the contract is officialy signed.
Here are the recap of Rossoneri's transfer activities up till now, which will be daily updated, Enjoy:
- Bakaye Traore from Nancy (Free transfer)
- Riccardo Montolivo from Fiorentina (Free transfer)
- Sulley Muntari from Inter Milan (Free Transfer) --> New contract after successful loan appearances last season.
Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid: Sahin recently claimed he want's to stay at Madrid but apparently the media believes that his agent is still negotiating with Milan Kevin Strootman from PSV Eindhoven: Media claimed that Rossoneri management have already submit an offer around 8 million Euro to PSV, but the Dutch side are waiting until Euro 2012 before making their decision Paulo Henrique Gansofrom Santos: Rumors claimed that their could be a swap deal between Ganso and Robinho but it's very unlikely considering both teams' valuation of those two players. Marco Rigonifrom Novara: Reports believed that Rigoni has agreed personal terms with Rossoneri but apparently his arrival depends a lot on wether Mathieu Flamini or Alberto Aquilani remains at the club or not. Francesco Acerbi from Chievo-Genoa: The recent reports from Italy suggested that Acerbi arrival to Milan is almost a done deal, but the two clubs who are currently owning his contract must first find an agreement before the Rossoneri steps into the deal. Cristian Zapata from Villarreal: Latest rumor from Italian paper suggested that Milan are interested in signing the defender since his current club have been relegated from La Liga's first division.
- Alessandro Nesta : Previous rumors claimed that the legendary defender might play in the United States for one of Major League Soccer teams, but latest news stated that Nesta might actually retire from football.
- Gennaro Gattuso : The player is seeking for one year experience outside of Italy, his preference would be going back to Glasgow Rangers, but things looked difficult.
- Pippo Inzaghi : Pippo apparently still haven't decide anything as just yet, although there's already several offers, mainly from abroad.
- Gianluca Zambrota : The wing back also confirmed his departure but isn't sure yet about the destination, preferably going outside of Italy.
- Mark Van Bommel : Leaving for PSV Eindhoven
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic : There's plenty voices saying Ibrahimovic could be leaving the Red and Black squad this upcoming summer, but at the moment is simply nothing more than media talk
- Thiago Silva : Similar to Ibra's case, several press are rumoring Silva's potential departures with Barcelona as the main destination but so far there's nothing concrete going on.
- Alexandre Pato : Rumors about Paris Saint Germain's interest on the Brazilian striker still surfacing, but isn't as strong as last season.
- Alexander Merkel : The club's Vice President, Adriano Galliani, said on an interview that Merkel will be leaving Milan for Genoa next summer as part of Stephan El Shaarawy and Kevin Prince-Boateng's deal.
- Luca Antonini : Rumors flowing that Glasgow Celtic are asking for his service, but rather unlikely considering Milan's need over homegrown players and the management is fond of Antonini.
Aside from the arrivals and departures, there's also several uncertain future about Milan players, mainly those who were playing with the club last season but still isn't sure on whether they'll stay or leave.
- Alberto Aquilani : Latest rumors stated that he might still stay with the Rossoneri, depending on whether Flamini decided to renew his contract or not.
- Mathieu Flamini : The Frenchman reportedly still haven't answered Milan's renewal proposal, further rumors also linked him with moves to As Roma and Napoli
- Djamel Mesbah : Rumors have been linking him with a move to Bologna, but the player believes he will stay with Milan.
- Clarence Seedorf : The veteran Dutchman still being coy about his future as he haven't decided whether to stay or accept on of the offers coming his way.
- Didac Villa : The left back agent's said that his client wants a Milan return but opens the opportunity for another loan next summdr.
- Rodney Strasser: Rumors in Italy are linking the former primavera star on making another loan move from San Siro, although nothing seems concrete at the moment.
- Taye Taiwo : According to contract, he should be returning from his loan early in the summer but the player isn't keen on staying with the seven times Champions League winner as QPR and Benfinca are reportedly interested on his service.